All Associated Gospel Churches Chaplains are required to be in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement (without any reservations). In addition, all chaplains are required to fully pledge by the grace of God to abide by the Scriptural view of separation.
The AGC Doctrinal Statement In particular, it (AGC) subscribes to these Doctrines of the Historic Faith:
- The Creation of man by the direct act of God (Gen.1-3).
- The trinity (John 16:12-15; Matthew 28:19).
- The deity of Christ (Rom. 1:3, 4; John 10:30).
- The virgin birth of Christ (Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:35; John 1:14).
- The personality of the Holy Spirit (John 16:7-15; Luke 3:22).
- The Supernatural verbal inspiration and inerrancy of the Holy Scripture (II Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:19-21).
- The substitutionary and blood atonement (Heb. 9:22; I Peter 1:18-20).
- The necessity of the new birth (John 3:3, 5, 7, 16-18; I John 5:4-6).
- The maintenance of good works (Eph. 2:8-10; John 15:16; Titus 3:8, 14).
- The literal, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 1:11; I Thess. 4:16-18).
- The resurrection of the saved and lost (Rev. 20:4-6; John 5:28, 29).
- The reality and personality of Satan (Luke 4:1-13; Gen. 3:1-5; Rev. 20:9, 10).
- The endless punishment of unbelievers (John 8:24; II Thess. 1:7-9; Rev. 14:10-11).
- The endless blessedness of true believers (John 8:24; 14:1-6; Rom. 8:18).
- Christian ordinances: Baptism (Matt. 28:19, 20; Acts 8:38; Rom. 6:1-5) and The Lord’s Supper (Luke 19, 20; I Cor. 11:23-32).
- Separation—The AGC stands for separation from all apostasy, scripturally forbidden alliances, and compromise as defined by the ordinance vows and doctrine of each Chaplain’s local church and in agreement with the AGC Constitution (II Cor. 6:14-17; II John 9-11; Gal. 1:8, 9).
- Christian separation from worldly practices that hinder spiritual growth and stability (I John 2:15).
- Rejection of the unscriptural charismatic renewal movement with its unscriptural emphasis on tongues and healings (I Cor. 14:33).
- Marriage is the legal and blessed union of one man, who is born a male, and one woman, who is born a female, and the redefinition of marriage to include those of the same sex is both heresy and apostasy forbidden by the Scriptures, the inspired Word of God. It shall be a violation of this constitution and bylaws to participate in or perform any type of marriage or covenant ceremony or civil union for persons of the same sex or persons attempting to alter their gender.
AGC Mandatory Policy on Marriage
- Marriage is the legal and blessed union of one man who is born a male, with one woman who is born female, and the redefinition of marriage to include those of the same sex is both heresy and apostasy, forbidden by the Scriptures, the inspired Word of God.
- It shall be a violation of this Constitution and By-laws to encourage, participate in or perform any type of marriage or covenant ceremony or civil union by whatever name for persons of same sex or persons attempting to alter their gender (hereafter the “forbidden ceremonies”) and/or to participate in training or retreats designed to facilitate acceptance of such forbidden ceremonies or involving same sex couples or homosexuals.
- AGC chaplains are forbidden from facilitating, performing, supervising, providing assistance or participating in or affirming in any manner such forbidden ceremonies, counseling personnel in preparation therefore and/or participating in training or retreats designed to facilitate acceptance or accommodation of such forbidden ceremonies or involving same sex couples or homosexuals.
AGC Resolution on Homosexuality and the Military
Whereas the Department of Defense has repealed the historic ban of open homosexuality in the military which was encompassed in title 10 U.S.C § 654, “Policy Concerning Homosexuality in the Armed Forces”;
Whereas the repeal’s implementation has required education and training for all service members which has begun with Tier One Leaders which includes chaplains;
Whereas the Holy Scriptures, i.e., the Bible, includes homosexuality with other behaviors such as drunkenness, adultery, fornication, murder, etc. as sinful practices condemned by the sovereign God and outside the bounds of historic Christian faith;
Whereas the Associated Gospel Churches accepts the Holy Scriptures as the only authoritative rule for faith and practice;
Whereas the chaplains endorsed by the Associated Gospel Churches and the churches they represent preach and teach the historic Christian faith that rejects homosexuality and sex outside of marriage as an acceptable lifestyle;
Resolved that the chaplains of the Associated Gospel Churches do affirm respect for all persons who bear God’s image, yet cannot affirm lifestyles or choices that conflict with the Holy Scriptures given by God.
Resolved the Associated Gospel Churches chaplains will continue to advise commanders on the biblical, moral, and ethical issues utilizing the Holy Scriptures as their authority.
Resolved the Associated Gospel Churches and its chaplains stand theologically in accordance with the historic and biblical Christian faith which declares homosexuality and sex outside of marriage as sin.
AGC Mandated Policy on Gender
Whereas the Bible teaches that God created man and woman in His own image (Genesis 1:26-27) Whereas God created man and woman as two distinct yet equal genders, each designed to fulfill unique roles which God intends to use for His glory
Whereas God pre-determines and assigns individual gender at our conception (Psalm 139:13-16) Whereas to purposely attempt to alter or change one’s physical gender or live as a gender other than the one assigned by God at conception (Genesis 1:27; Deuteronomy 22:5) is to reject God’s sovereign right to assign gender to His creatures, and is a personal rejection of His plan for them to glorify Him through that assigned gender (1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Peter 1:3)
Whereas rejecting God’s sovereign design and purpose is sin (Romans 3:10-12); now, therefore, be it Resolved, God displays immense grace and mercy toward all sinners (Ephesians 2:1-10) and He offers full and free forgiveness through Jesus Christ to all who repent and forsake their sin and turn to Him in faith (Acts 3:19-21, I John 1:8-9); and be it further
Resolved, love rejoices in truth (1 Corinthians 13:6) and that truth will set one free (John 8:32); and be it further
Resolved, believers are called by God to speak His truth in love, to call sinners to repentance, and to glorify God as we fulfill our God-designed purpose in this life; and be it further Resolved, that we extend love and compassion as we invite all persons, regardless of their self-identity, to trust in Christ by faith and to experience forgiveness and regeneration through the Gospel (1 Timothy 1:15–16); and be it further
Resolved, that we oppose all efforts to validate transgender identity as morally acceptable or praiseworthy (Isaiah 5:20); that we will tactfully address all persons by their God-given gender; and be it finally Resolved, we lovingly counsel and guide a person to accept that their birth sex and gender is a testimony of the truth of God’s design for them regardless of sincere feelings, self-perception, or self-identity; and we proclaim what Scripture teaches about God’s design for us as male and female persons created in His image and for His glory (Matthew 28:19–20; Acts 20:27; Romans 11:36) according to the teaching of Scripture affirmed in this document.
AGC Resolution on Women in Combat
Bob Jones University
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
February 7, 2013
The Membership and Chaplains of the Associated Gospel Churches met for their annual Training Conference 4-8 Feb at Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC. Resolutions were unanimously passed affirming allegiance to Christ and His Word in reference to “Women in Combat,” and “Marriage.” The rescinding of our nation’s historic regulations restricting women from direct combat is a transgression against the Sovereign God’s created order, and could result in the forced impression of women into military service if the draft is reinstituted. Similarly, the lifting of the Ban on Homosexuals serving in the military and the legalization of “same sex marriage” are also breaches in God’s created order. These transgressions invite the righteous judgment of God. The AGC will therefore continue to earnestly pray for our nation and its leadership, and AGC Chaplains will continue to provide to all men and women in uniform and their families compassionate Biblically-based ministry that honors God and His Word. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD.
Whereas the Associated Gospel Churches (AGC) convened at its annual conference at the Bob Jones University from 4-8 February 2013,
WHEREAS, the Department of Defense with the approval of the President as Commander in Chief has announced that Secretary of Defense Panetta has rescinded DOD regulations recognizing the Nation’s historic practice of restricting woman from direct, offensive, close combat, thereby allowing women to be assigned to infantry, tank, reconnaissance, and special operations units and thereby eligible for the draft, should such a policy be reinstituted; and
WHEREAS, God created man and woman as distinct human creations, defined by unique and different emotional, biological and physical characteristics, Gen. 1:27; and
WHEREAS, the sacred Scriptures show God deals with men and women differently in accord with those differences and legislates that men and women be treated in accord with their created natures, respecting their divinely ordained differences, Gen. 2: 20-25; Eph. 5:22-33; 1 Pet. 3:1-4; and
WHEREAS, God, through the sacred Scriptures, in addressing the necessity for conscription and provision of warriors for legitimate national defense and national objectives has specifically identified man as the warrior, the instrument for waging the close personal, physical combat necessary for ultimately determining the outcome of armed conflict that is integral in any effective defense, Num. 1: 1-46; Rom. 13:1-8; and
WHEREAS, the scriptural exemptions for mandatory military service in times of armed conflict are limited to men, Deut. 20:5-9; and
WHEREAS, Scripture shows God has established different rules for the treatment of men and women captured in war, Deut. 20:14; and
WHEREAS, the results of DOD’s “Women in Combat” Policy is to make men and women fungible and thereby appropriate for itself the authority to redefine God’s created nature contrary to His ordinances and laws, an act by which DOD is assuming for itself an authority which is God’s alone;
WHEREAS, the Bible proclaims that all who believe in Christ have equal access through Christ to God regardless of race, gender, or social status, Gal. 3:26-28, God has not eliminated the unique differences and roles which He established when He created them “male and female”, Gen. 1:27, or the responsibilities which flow from those unique and different natures, Eph. 5:22-33; 1 Pet. 3:1-4.
WHEREAS, Scripture and history are clear that taking action which alters the Divine order of nature, challenges God’s sovereignty, or challenges his authority or wisdom is an abomination, directly disparaging God and thereby rejecting His authority, wisdom and sovereignty expressed in nature and His Word, Deut. 22:5; and
Therefore, be it resolved that the Associated Gospel Churches expresses its grave concern over the DOD’s adoption of its Women in Combat policy, which is a radical departure from our Nation’s cultural heritage, respect for the biblical foundations upon which its institutions rest and a repudiation of the Creator endowed inalienable rights that are inherent in the different natures and roles of men and women, and which portends great damage to our nation;
Be it further resolved the Associated Gospel Churches petition the President and the Department of Defense to rescind its Women in Combat policy initiative immediately, and
Be it further resolved the Associated Gospel Churches petition Congress to order DOD to take no further action implementing said Women in Combat policy, to withhold all funds that would assist in furthering or implementing such policy, and to hold hearings on the radical change in personnel policy and practice in order to examine the consequences and costs of implementing said policy in accordance with Congress’s primary responsibility to raise and equip the armed forces.
Be it further resolved the Associated Gospel Churches calls upon all who believe the Creator has established laws for his creation and judges those who dishonor and disobey His laws or abrogate for themselves the right to change them, to (1) pray that the Lord of Hosts would show our leaders the folly of the Women in Combat policy and frustrate their schemes; and (2) petition their members of Congress to oppose and rescind the Administration’s attempt to place women in direct, close combat.
215 Pine Knoll Drive, Greenville, SC 29609
Give us a call